- What are some safety concerns after smoke and fire damage in my home?
- Can I remove mould myself or should I call a professional?
- Will turning up the heat help dry things out?
Occupant and worker safety is ServiceMaster Restore’s top priority. During the initial inspection, safety hazards are identified and addressed, including debris removal, air quality, electrical issues, slip and trip hazards, etc. Burnt electrical appliances are separated out for disposal, and questionable electrical appliances are unplugged and tagged for evaluation of safe operation. Electrical power may have to be turned off until evaluation by a licensed electrician is completed.
Mould can be a serious issue. A small patch of mould on a wall often can be removed without professional help, but if mould issues persist after you’ve cleaned and performed prevention tactics, it’s time to call in the experts. For larger mould issues and toxic black mould removal, leave it to the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore for safe and effective mould removal and clean up. Our technicians are professionally trained in comprehensive mould remediation and employ the safest, most effective techniques for solving any mould issue. Our teams regularly handle small (ten square feet or less) areas affected by mould as well as larger spaces, both commercial and residential.
Not necessarily. Our trained technicians will adjust the temperature to its optimum setting for the proper drying conditions. Once set, do not change the setting or shut off the HVAC system; doing so may prolong the drying process.